NERF (INDIA) is a voluntary organization, a registered trust with an exempt under section 12 A (a) of the IT Act 1961. The objective of the NERF is to provide relief, to restore and to provide continuous rehab programs for the people of India during any emergency. At NERF, we take up different projects minor to major in providing better health, education, sustainable lives for children, women and families. NERF also aim to join hands with different corporates / state & central government / NGOs to work on different social causes to bring change in lives of people of India.
A relief from an emergency physical trauma / Emotional distress / Cognitive impairment
Restoration of livelihood.
We provide continuous support and monitoring to enable them to get back to their normal life.
Mr. Henry Maris
Dr. Mary Angeline
Project Director – GCC-CIP, NERF (INDIA)
Project Manager – GCC-CIP, NERF(INDIA)
Greater Chennai Corporation Community Intervention Program (CIP)
Total number of houses covered – 5000
Implementation of COVID-19 prevention and control project
- Identification of vulnerable population based on the listed criteria (risk profiling).
- Collect data for baseline study: collect the baseline data to be used to assess the impact of the program at mid and end line assessments.
- Conduct interpersonal communication session on COVID-19 prevention and control methods which includes personal hygiene, hand washing demo, identification of potential transmission sites/surfaces in the intervention sites
- Identify and refer persons displaying/reporting COVID-19 symptoms. Persons with symptoms to be referred to the referral center and followed up there from.
- Data validation of household profiles & vulnerability assessment.
- Network with local GCC field officials for effective implementation of COVID-19 prevention & control activities.
- Monitor follow-up of referrals and population under isolation or quarantine.
- Assess knowledge, attitudes and practices regarding COVID-19 prevention & control activities through informal discussions with community members.
- Identify potential hotspots within the locality and monitor social distancing and hand hygiene practices.
LIGHT A LAUGH TODAY
Immediate Relief Changes
When a community gets access to basic amenities, it can change just about everything. It can improve livelihood, increase chances of healthy meal, decrease school-drop out rates, grow local economies, and help kids have a great future.
HELP REBUILD A HOME
Touching the Neighbourhood
one home at a time!
‘Home’ means a lot to each one of us, the safe haven for family, the everyday shelter. Sadly at the tumult of disasters our neighbors bear a heavy loss of seeing their walls crumble, this project focuses on rebuilding lives through rebuilding homes. And you can be a part of this lovely rebuilding positive memory.
EMPOWER A WOMAN TODAY
Touching one life at a time
We are identifying and empowering women with computer skills, tailoring expertise and through spoken English course. An empowered women can bring about a big change at her home and society at large, our mission is to see transformed families through this initiative
Skilling a Man
Skilling a Man – Creates a Life to the Family!
Success in business requires training, discipline and hard work. Skilling a man focuses on equipping talent, creating ability, improving manual skill and technical knowledge to support himself and succeed in life. Whenever you see a successful business, someone once made a courageous decision. So, do something today that your future self will thank you for.
All student volunteers who came other day
Desperate phone calls!!!
Flooded ground floor!!
Stranded on the roof top!!!
Waiting for rescue, help…
No electrical power lines!!
With the minimum battery back up on the mobiles…
Children to Old people calling us for food & milk
Dec 4th 2015 was a day of traumatic incidents !!!.
Relief & Rescue
With water upto the shoulders NERF volunteers Arokia, Yaser, Mukesh and Mahimairaj reached the T Nagar to deliver the relief materials. On seeing a lady just about to loose her little son in the flood, our volunteers plunge to hold the little boy. Oh, the lady cries with love and holds on to the volunteers to thank them.
A denotified place!!
Waist level water !!
Gutter water mixed up!!
Snakes found its place!!!
It was a scary days for people..
Our volunteers managed to feed them for two days…